Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Heat

I am cold, but I don't want to start a fire tonight.
Metaphor of my life.

I am cold, so I'll crank the heater of my 
anger and bitterness because
without it there is no life, 
excuse me, light, in me.
No heat in me.

Starting a proper fire takes effort and I have no
stacks of peaces or even a small kindling of happiness not
even a crumpled newspaper memory of joy.

I am cold and I am a downpour and nothing will light and
believe me
I've tried I
scrape off my tissue paper skin and
watch it curl in on itself, maybe,
hoping it will catch. Nothing.

I am raw from effort, from
trying to light healing and all
I can muster is the 
automated whirrr of my curdling emotions.

It will have to be enough.
I would rather have heat than cold,
a life without light. 

One day,
maybe
my life will be a
ROARING BONFIRE
and I'll be raw
from the scorching beauty
rather than the
scraping to stay
lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment