"Anyone know how to get rid of bruises more quickly? I bruise so easily, it’s such a pain in the neck."
Bruises are a weird phenomena. I've always wondered about their usefulness, though I guess it's more biology than anything else. Blood vessels are broken, blood has to go somewhere, blood stays trapped, thus a bruise forms.
They're still a pain in the neck....
I've been thinking back to years ago when there was this Generation Unleashed conference where the theme that year was "Anthem." One of the speakers challenged us to press in and pray about it and try and figure out what God was calling you to. In other words, what was your anthem? I came away from that conference with the word "purity" as my anthem. At that point in my life I was positive that this would and could be something that was easily attainable. I had no boyfriend and no one seriously interested in me, and I was not expecting that to change anytime soon.
Well, as I learned, not all losses of purity have to do with people.
At the moment I was scornful of this anthem that I had been given. I didn't know how much purer I could get. But as I ponder my life today, I wonder if it was more of a warning and a call for my future years. I truly became addicted to love stories, and not always the clean ones. That has progress and continues to affect me now, especially now that there may be someone interested in me (no actual conformation, and I don't plan on letting it come to anything yet).
I wonder if my ideas of purity and how far and too much have been skewed. I have this fear that I will go to far one day. I've never been very good at self control. Nothing has happened or truly challenged anything major, thank God, but if it did, would I be able to walk away?
I don't know anymore. And that, my friends, scares me.
No comments:
Post a Comment