All I want is a flat stomach and smaller thighs, maybe even less broadness in my shoulders. Is that too hard to ask?
Two are manageable with hard work.
I hate hard work.
All I want is a guy who will finally take notice of me, for me, not for their own sense of self-worth. Is that too much to ask?
Nineteen years say yes, ten more will confirm it.
If my life was a fairy tale, my story would be different.
If my life was a fairy tale, my journey into this dubiously labeled "friends-with-benefits" would have yielded something more.
If my life was a fairy tale, the smooth-talking guy who went after all the other girls would have taken notice of me, and not just in a weird gesture of friendship.
If my life was a fairy tale, our kiss would have meant something more, a transition between flirtation without intent to this blossoming interest.
If my life was a fairy tale, the "college" me versus the "high school" me would have made some remarkable transformation in my self that he would stop and take notice.
If my life was a fairy tale, I wouldn't be so confused over what to do next.
My life will never be a fairy tale.
But maybe...
Just maybe...
I can make it what I want it to be.
I can work on myself and set goals and dream big.
I can do the hard work I've so long avoided.
I can change myself into the person I want to be.
Then maybe...
Just maybe...
Life will be a little bit brighter.
And it won't matter that it's no fairy tale
Because I will be proud of what I've made myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment