In accordance with some law
Of chemistry and the
Natural balance of things
I’m afraid it’s quite clear
Though you are not the
Compounds of my change
You were, in fact
The catalyst
Of chemistry and the
Natural balance of things
I’m afraid it’s quite clear
Though you are not the
Compounds of my change
You were, in fact
The catalyst
Laws of chemistry dictate balance
Laws of chemistry require compounds
Laws of chemistry do not always need a catalyst
But a catalyst can speed the process up
This process of becoming something other
Two elements combining to form
Something entirely new
Even considering this
Naming you my catalyst
I'm afraid I give you too much credit
Because I am still me
These compounds of change
Of beauty, happiness, or control
Were mine from the beginning
And you merely a reaction
With my natural state of being
No comments:
Post a Comment